Second Homes & Investment Properties
A few things to consider before buying a second home:
- Ongoing income from rental.
- Loan requirements depending on how you’ll use the property (primary residence or investment property).
- Tax benefits depending on if you rent the property or stay there frequently (Always consult a tax advisor).
A few things to consider before buying an investment property:
- Added financial responsibilities in addition to the mortgage, such as homeowners association dues, cleaning services, flood insurance and utilities.
- Loan requirements, as investment property loans typically have higher interest rates, require larger down payments and have different underwriting requirements than properties occupied by their owners.